CASL

Connecticut Association of School Librarians

CASL pre-conference "Implementing the New AASL Standards and Guidelines" October 25, 2009 handouts and links:
Colorado's Learner's Bill of Rights; Kathy Lowe's Standards In Action wiki; Cassandra Barnett's Standards Comparison Chart; Illinois Standards Aligned Instruction For Libraries; Londonderry NH Information Literacy and Computer Technology Benchmarks; Best websites for teaching and learning; Standards FAQs;

Take a look at the AASL Standards Interactive Graphic with hyperlinks to more information.

Tags: standards

Views: 180

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Here is the our lesson plan for Sunday's presentation, represented using the Action Examples Template.
Attachments:
Here is a copy of Monday's presentation.
Attachments:
Thanks for the nudge to learn. I'm excited to dig deeper and learn more. You have assembled a great deal of information that is amazing - please continue to lead on this topic . . .
Doug Johnson has posted a 13 Point Library Media Program Checklist for School Principals, 2009

It's a good checklist to assess our programs.
I printed this list out yesterday. I agree, it is a good list.

Irene Kwidzinski said:
Doug Johnson has posted a 13 Point Library Media Program Checklist for School Principals, 2009

It's a good checklist to assess our programs.
Former AASL president, Frances Roscello, shared the NY SED new draft rubric for library media programs. It looks good and would be a worthwhile tool for self-assessment.
Attachments:
The new AASL online Planning Guide for Empowering Learners subscriptions are available. I just got mine and will talk about the Guide at the CASL conference Nov. 8, 2010 and the VSLA conference on Oct. 21 in Manchester, VT.
I hope you have a chance to explore a free trial of the new Planning Guide online assessment tool; just call Encyclopedia Britannica 1-800-621-3900 in order to get your one-week trial that begins each Wednesday. Also on Oct. 24th, AASL added a new toolkit for building level implementation. Check it out.
Great blog by Susan Ballard: http://tinyurl.com/6fjpcbs  is based on her article in the Jan/Feb Knowledge Quest.  Read the full article.

Great SLJ article by Christopher Harris on implementing the Common Core and AASL Guidelines with many valuable links & ideas.

Here is my PowerPoint from my session "L4L: Strategies for Success" at the CASL/CLC mini conference @ Chase Collegiate in Waterbury today.  I had to pare it down to the essentials to align with the Ning file limit of 5MB.  The full presentation can be found on the CASL website along with the other mini conference presentations and on the CASL listserv.

It was good to see everyone this morning.  Thank you again for the positive feedback.  I really appreciated it.

Remember, if you have a professional concern that you think AASL has not addressed, please let me know so that we can request action from the national association.

Here is the PPT.

Attachments:

RSS

Joyce Valenza

Loading… Loading feed

Buffy Hamilton

Loading… Loading feed

Paige Jaeger

Loading… Loading feed

AASL Blog

Loading… Loading feed

Kristin Fontichiaro

Loading… Loading feed

Shannon Miller

Loading… Loading feed

Members

Latest Activity

Irene Kwidzinski posted videos
Jul 17
Irene Kwidzinski posted a blog post

The Giver

Thanks to Randy Testa at Walden Media and Gerri Fegan of NESLA & MSLA, today I had the good fortune to watch a preview of The Giver which comes to theaters August 15, 2014. You will be happy to hear that the movie is true to the spirit of the Newbery award winning book written by Lois Lowry. Walden Media has put together some wonderful resources and a guide for educators. Check it out. There will definitely be a new demand for this book and the other three titles in the quartet.…See More
Jul 17
Irene Kwidzinski posted a video

Razing Readers: Laura Beals D'Elia

Everyone talks about how to "raise" readers, yet many of the things educators and parents say and do are actually destroying our students and our children's ...
Jul 12
Cara McConnell updated their profile
Jul 4

© 2014   Created by Irene Kwidzinski.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service